Thursday, March 23, 2006

Does Videos Apply to Any Type of Swing?

Does Videos Apply to Any Type of Swing?

I'm wondering if the drills and such that Mark shows on his
videos apply as well to either type of swing, or if it really
doesn't make any difference? Would you suggest any specifics to
work on differently depending on your swing type?

Chuck Davis

Hey Chuck...
I didn't see the article. I don't get those magazines anymore. I
was sick of seeing ads for stuff and vacations that I could never
afford in three lifetimes.

Anyway...the drills I teach and swing the I show you would
classify as a "two plane" swing.

The single plane swing is what the now defunct "Natural Golf"
teaches. This type of swing is actually not that easy to do and
in my opinion (as a fitness instructor) is dangerous to the spine
because of the wide stance which limits your ability to turn
through the ball in one unified motion.

The two-plane swing is simply where your arms are in a more
natural position (hanging) and then you grip and swing from
there. If you have my DVDs and use the techniques, you'll know
that my method is quite simple. (As thousands all over the world
can attest).

If you don't have any of my DVDs, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING
FOR????????
Just kidding...

But I firmly believe that THAT stuff should be the furthest thing
from your mind -- ESPECIALLY if you are just learning the game
and swing. Leave all of the technical crap-ola for the people
that like to get twisted up with meaningless details.

Why do I say that? Because my 7-year-old and 10-year-old sons
(who know not one single thing about the golf swing) can hit the
ball nice and straight because they just copy what they see in
dear old Dad...

In any case, I hope that I've answered your question Chuck.

Stay in touch
Sensei Mark